This is the brew in question:
And here is the review from my wife and another fellow brewer (fwiw both drink a lot of great craft beers). This beer was served from the keg.
- Creamy off white head
- Murky red colour
- Good carbonation
- Some hops and sorghum malt on the nose. Balanced between them both.
- Firm bitterness
- Light body
- Some twang
- Licorice into finish with no esters.
- Last mouthful was "dry, lasting hop bitterness, nice tarry sweet balancing note"
- Overall a good beer 6 out of 10
- Rich aroma, sweet
- Strong hops on the tongue
- Candy syrup and molasses lingers in aftertaste
- Taste liquorice in the aftertaste
- Fuller mouthfeel compared to my other gluten free beers
- Lacing evident in the glass
- Fairly clear
- 7.5 out of 10 - Overall very drinkable.